Yagan is the Co- Founder of Farmafrik and currently serves as the Chief Executive Officer of the company. Ali Yagan is a Syrian born, African based international trade merchant. He is from the lineage of the popular and large Yagan family in Syria which have been into agricultural business dated back as at 150 years ago. They are descendants of Sultan of Turkey.
Yagan had his early year’s education in Nigeria at Lebanese Community School Lagos. He studied at the Darbasel College, Syria where he bagged a Master in Business Administration in 2007.
- He has been a successful business player in the global textiles industry. He also majored in agricultural commodities export from Nigeria to America, Europe, Asia, etc., during his employment as Trade Controller at Akkad Nigeria Group of Companies in 2003.
- He worked in Wagida Rice and Amaria Rice factories in West Africa in 2002. He was involved in mass logistics and international trade. He worked as a Partner to Lord Engineering Nigeria Limited, where he served as Managing Director from 2003 to 2007.
- He opened his personal company, Yaganee General Merchant Nigeria Limited in 2008.
- In 2011, he bought a textile factory in Syria and took over board management as the Chairman/CEO of the organization. His oversight functions spanned through: enterprise management, accounting, technical and logistics.
- In 2011 he bought industrial machines to start up a textile factory in Syria, however when the Syria war escalated he had to protect his family and flee Syria to Nigeria. After the war, in 2015, Yagan came to Nigeria and secured appointment as Assistant General Manager, Technical at Nova Track, Nigeria’s biggest tracking company.
- He has a wealth of knowledge in the day to day operations of businesses in the Nigerian market and has proven to be very successful and influential amongst both the local Nigeria’s as well the expat community
Until date, Yagan is a dominant business player in the agricultural commodity export business. He has been an exceptional Chief Executive Officer managing robust teams across the world.